Effective as of November 22, 2023.
Syllabus may provide additional or supplemental privacy policies to individuals for specific products or services that we offer at the time we collect personal information.
- Personal information we collect as a controller
- Tracking Technologies
- How we use your personal information as a controller
- How we share your personal information as a controller
- Your choices for personal information we collect as a controller
- Other sites and services
- How to contact us
Personal information we collect as a controller
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email address, company name, and phone number.
- Account data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an online account on the Platform, your preferences, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Communications data based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service, communicate with us via social media, contact us for technical support or otherwise.
- Transactional data, such as information relating to or needed to complete your purchases, including order numbers and purchase history.
- Preferences, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Payment data needed to complete transactions, such as payment card information, that is collected and processed directly by our payment processor, such as Stripe, as further described in the How We Share Your Personal Informationsection below.
- Survey data, such as information you share when you complete a survey.
Automatic data collection.
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed on the Website, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Website, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Communication interaction data such as your interactions with our email or other communications (e.g., whether you open and/or forward emails) – we may do this through use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails.
For more information concerning our automatic collection of data, please see the Tracking technologies section below.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users’ web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites may include “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, “persistent cookies” that remain longer, “first party” cookies that we place, and “third party” cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, slike HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked. Session-replay technologies, such as those provided by third party providers that employ software code to record users’ interactions with the Website in a manner that allows us to watch DVR-like replays of those user sessions. The replays include users’ clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls and keystrokes/key touches during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement.
For information concerning your choices with respect to the use of tracking technologies, see the Your choices section below.
How we use your personal information as a controller
For the personal information we collect about you as a controller, we may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery and operations. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the Service;
- to develop new programs, features and services;
- enable security features of the Service;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending updates regarding the Platform and other Service-related announcements, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events, surveys or promotions in which you participate; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
- provide the Service;
Service personalization, which may include using your personal information to:
- understand your preferences and interests;
- personalize your experience with the Service and our Service-related communications; and
- remember your selections and preferences as you use the Service.
Service improvement and analytics. We may use your personal information to analyze your usage of the Service, improve the Service, improve the rest of our business, help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails, and to develop new products and services For example, we may use Google Analytics, Heap and other analytics providers for this purpose, as described further below.
Direct Marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications and may personalize these messages based on your needs and interests. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of communications section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas, investigations or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
To create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data. We may create aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into de-identified and/or anonymized data by removing information that makes the data identifiable to you. We may use this aggregated, de-identified and/or anonymized data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service, such as by remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the Service, and whether you are logged in when you visit password protected areas of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. We may use Google Analytics, Heap and other analytics providers for this purpose. To provide this service, Google Analytics, Heap and our other analytics providers may collect certain information about you from your computer using cookies, including information described in the online activity data section above.
- You can learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data by visiting: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Further uses, in some cases, we may use your personal information for further uses, in which case we will ask for your consent to use of your personal information for those further purposes if they are not compatible with the initial purpose for which information was collected.
Affiliates. Our corporate parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service (including third-party application programming interfaces or APIs) or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, consumer research and website analytics).
Third parties designated by you. We may share your personal information with third parties where you have instructed us or provided your consent to do so.
Partners. Third parties with whom we partner, including parties with whom we co-sponsor events or promotions, or with whom we jointly offer products or services.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the Compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. We may disclose personal information in the context of actual or prospective business transactions (e.g., investments in Syllabus, financing of Syllabus, public stock offerings, or the sale, transfer or merger of all or part of our business, assets or shares), for example, we may need to share certain personal information with prospective counterparties and their advisers. We may also disclose your personal information to an acquirer, successor, or assignee of Syllabus as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or similar transaction, and/or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
Your choices for personal information we collect as a controller
For the personal information we collect about you as a controller, you have the following choices with respect to such personal information.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us
Mail: 732 W. Main St. Suite 280, Lake Geneva, WI 53147